Upon finding cakes on Pinterest that are baked in the microwave instead of the oven, I knew they could make these safely on their own.
What’s neat about a dessert called “Cake in a Mug” is, they won’t leave a big mess in mommy’s kitchen.
Other than the grandson’s favorite chocolate fudge, any flavor of cake mix can be used.
Add ready made frosting or whipped cream and some tummies are happy.
They used the unfrosted cookie half to make mustaches, eyebrows or smiley mouths.
All that’s needed now, is M & M’s for the eyes and nose. Candy Corn makes cute noses too.
They can no longer say “there’s nothing to eat,” when their tummies need an after school snack. They now know how to make a one minute cake with no mess and no burned fingers.
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 box Cake Mix (any flavor)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- In a zip-lock bag, add the two cake mixes and mix well.
- Take out 3 tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe mug.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
One cake mix MUST be Angel Food, because it has the egg whites in it.
Top with a dollop of fruit, frosting or whipped topping.
For more great food ideas, check out the blog and pins on http://www.nowthatsnifty.com